Our St. Louis Bucket Lists
Although we each have lived in St. Louis either part of or for our entire lives, there’s never been a time when we’ve said we’ve seen and done all that this city has to offer. And it offers a lot! It’s never too late to be a tourist in your town, so here are our top bucket list items for the Lou.
- Attend a concert at The Pageant. As much as I love music, it’s hard to believe that I’ve never been to the iconic Pageant on Delmar. I would love to hear a great band in this intimate venue and finally experience what so many people rave about!
- Experience Tilles Park Winter Wonderland. Every year, I make sure to do a few things that allow me to really enjoy the Christmas season – holiday house walks and festivals or a Christmas concert. The Tilles Park Winter Wonderland has been on my list for a while, and I’m excited to say that I’m finally going this year.
- Enjoy a meal at Stone Soup Cottage. A bit outside the St. Louis area, this relatively new farm-to-fork restaurant in Cottleville serves up a six-course tasting menu and wine flights – YUM! Would love to try this place at some point and check it off my list.
- Eat a Cookies ‘n’ Cream cupcake from The Cup. As a lover of all things sugary and sweet, it has been a constant struggle to find a good gluten-free cupcake. Currently, the GF strawberry lava fudge from Georgetown Cupcake in Washington, D.C., claims number one on my list. Ever since St. Louis opened up its first gourmet cupcakery in the Central West End, I’ve been dying to try all three of its freshly-made, gluten-free flavors. First on my list is Cookies ‘n’ Cream!
- Run the Go! St. Louis Half Marathon. As an adamant daily runner, I’m surprised it’s taken me this long to train for my first half marathon. After doing some research on the different runs taking place this spring, I settled on the Go! St. Louis Half Marathon due to its flat and scenic route throughout downtown St. Louis. Wish me luck!
- Go to a St. Louis Blues Game. I was born and raised in St. Louis, and I’ve never been to a Blues game. Can you believe it? I’m not exactly a hockey guru – nor am I a fan of ice – but I’d like to get to Scottrade Center at some point this fall to support my hometown team.
- Visit the Jewel Box in Forest Park. I wouldn’t be able to count the number of times I’ve visited Forest Park if you asked me to. Whether it’s walking around the Saint Louis Zoo, enjoying an evening show at the Muny or taking a blissful bike ride, I have always enjoyed a trip to the park with my friends and family. Next time I’m roaming the grounds, I’m going to make sure to stop by the Jewel Box to see all the beautiful flowers and treasures it holds.
- Hike at Castlewood State Park. I’m a sucker for a good hike! I’ve been wanting to visit this park for the past few years, but simply have never gotten around to it.
- Attend Garden Glow at Missouri Botanical Garden. This is definitely one of the quintessential St. Louis holiday events that I’ve yet to do. I get so jealous each year seeing my friends’ Instagrams of their time at Garden Glow, so I’m making 2016 the year I finally experience it!
- Rock out at the Old Rock House. As popular as this venues is, it pains me to admit that I’ve never seen a concert here. The space is so intimate that you can basically touch the artist (or so I’ve heard).
- Bike the Katy Trail. OK, I’m cheating a bit with this one. Biking is one of my favorite things to do, and what better way to see the sweeping Missouri countryside than with an extended biking trip?
- Nosh at Crown Candy Kitchen. I’ve heard they make a fabulous BLT.
- Finally go on the Anheuser-Busch Brewery Tour. Not only is the brewery a historic icon and the home of the world-famous Clydesdales, the tour ends with beer samples!
- Get tickets to a St. Louis Blues Stanley Cup Final game. We’ve never won a Stanley Cup, and my husband would think it would be the best gift ever.
- Eat at Peacemaker. I have been wanting to try the Peacemaker Lobster & Crab Co. for a long time! I hear they have fantastic lobster rolls and seafood.
- Visit Meramec Caverns. While I am not outdoorsy and slightly scared there will be bats, I do want to visit the caverns and check out the incredible stalagmites.
- Sail Creve Coeur Lake. I love being on the water and would like to try any boating activities on this nearby lake.
- Try Jeni’s Ice Cream. Any new ice cream store is a must try on my list!
- Attend The Great Forest Park Balloon Race. Celebrating its 45th year in 2017, the Great Forest Park Balloon Race is the oldest and most well-attended free hot-air balloon event in the world…and it takes place right here in our very own Forest Park, yet I’ve never been! Definitely putting this one on the calendar for 2017.
- Watch the Blues take down the Blackhawks at the 2017 NHL Winter Classic. I’ll take tickets to a Blues hockey game any day, but Blues v. Hawks outside at Busch Stadium to ring in the New Year? Sign me up. Can’t wait to check this one off the list on January 2. #LGB
- Go sledding on Art Hill. Unless I’m snuggled up on the couch drinking hot chocolate and watching a holiday movie, I’m typically not a huge fan of snow, but sledding on Art Hill is practically a rite of passage for every St. Louisan.
- Enjoy a drink at 360 St. Louis. Soaring nearly 400 feet above downtown St. Louis, you really just can’t beat the sweeping views of this rooftop bar.
I can’t help it. All I have is what I wish I could do again: