CEO.com released its 2014 Social CEO Report, identifying the social profiles of every single CEO on the Fortune 500 list on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Google+, and studying the legitimacy of these social profiles. The findings may surprise you.
- 68% of CEOs have no social presence on any major network.
- Of those CEOs who use social media, more than 2/3 of them are only on one platform.
- LinkedIn is the most popular social network among CEOs. (As expected!) They seem to be using the platform to actively connect with stakeholders…
- …but it seems that CEOs aren’t always investing the time it takes to get the most from the platform.
- The most active CEO tweeter is Jack Salzwedel of American Family Insurance. He tweets 4.82 times a day.
- Michael Rapino of LiveNation is the only F500 CEO who leverages Instagram to promote his company.
- Many CEOs use Instagram to post personal photos.
- Evidence suggests that CEOs who are on social media are viewed as more innovative.